“It is the practice that brings the secrets to you. No teacher can give you the secrets.” Geeta Iyengar
Yoga is a practical and experiential science, art and philosophy. Join Regan on the first Friday of every month starting October 1st for the opportunity to delve deeper into your yoga practice and thereby yourself.
Regan Tataryn is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher, Level 2 and a Mentor for apprenticing Iyengar Yoga trainees for Level 1.
This workshop series is offered both in-person and on-line through Zoom.
Home Practice Workshop Series Details:
- Once monthly workshop that focuses on the practical aspects of building a home practice
- Each month we will start with a basic practice which will focus on different classes of asanas, will allow for exploration of different sequencing and timing as well as different approaches to prop usage
- Suggestions will be offered as to how to build on and work with the practice weekly throughout the month
- Each workshop will have a theme which helps to link the mental/emotional aspects of the practice based on a selection of sutras from Light of the Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali and various writings from the Iyengar family.
- There will be opportunities for all participants to ask and explore solutions to different challenges we face in our daily practices
Who can join?
- Individuals that have been practicing yoga and taking at least 1 class (on average) per week for a year. Please contact Regan directly if you have any questions regarding participating.
- Open to all levels and all ages of practitioners.
- Practitioners interested in becoming an Certified Iyengar Yoga teachers in the future. Developing a home practice is critical to being able to first be a student and then later teach from your experiences.
- Anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of the yoga practice and how this practice supports a deeper understanding and healing of themselves
WHEN: First Friday of every month starting October 1 (please see individual dates below)
TIME: 6 pm to 8:30 pm
October 1, November 5, December 3, 2021,
January 7, February 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, 2022
$40 + gst per session PURCHASE Individual Pass HERE
$280 + gst for all 8 classes PURCHASE Full Workshop Pass HERE
** Once you have purchased your workshop pass, you must REGISTER for your workshop classes in our CALENDAR.
Recommended books for reference, but not required:
- Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Preliminary Course, Geeta Iyengar
- Geeta’s Basic Guidelines for Teachers, Geeta Iyengar (for those also interested in teacher training in the future)
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, BKS Iyengar
*** It is helpful to have at least one book where you can see the Sanskrit names and shapes of the poses and the English translations. If you already have another book that is an Iyengar book by another author (e.g. Bobby Clennell), feel free to contact Regan to see if this would be helpful.
xPlease add GST to ALL FEES
Full payment required 2 weeks prior to the workshop date to reserve your spot.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY: All class & workshop purchases are final, non-refundable and non-transferable. We regret that we cannot issue credits for no-shows.
Workshops subject to minimum enrollment.
Click the following links for more class information: