Winter 2019 SCHEDULE – effective January 7 to March 30, 2019
People decide to take up yoga for different reasons. Some students are looking strictly for physical benefits to improve their overall well-being or to help them advance in a specific sport and some come for relaxation and restoration of the mind to improve sleep, reduce anxiety and stress. At Yoga North we offer a complimentary first class so that you can see which class best fits your needs and decide for yourself.
YOGA NORTH is a nationally-recognized Iyengar Yoga Centre. At Yoga North:
- Yoga North teaches Iyengar Yoga, a classical form of yoga that focuses on proper body alignment.
- Poses are taught in a systematic, progressive way for safety and continuity.
- You will develop body awareness; physical and mental strength, stability, mobility and flexibility.
- All teachers are nationally certified or working toward certification.
Connecting our yoga practice to daily living
Yoga North believes in giving back to the community. Throughout the year, Yoga North will offer “karma classes” by donation. Funds received go to organizations in need of support or gift certificates and yoga shop items are donated for their fundraisers. Here are a few examples of organizations supported by Yoga North:
West Broadway Youth Outreach is a non-profit organization that provides free programming for inner city youth ages 4 to 12. They provide year-round after-school and summer activities such as literacy programs and field trips to kids in a safe, fun and nurturing environment.
Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society focuses on protecting Canada’s vast, rich and beautiful wilderness; wildlife, parks, forests, grasslands and oceans and lakes.
Rainbow Resource Centre serves, supports and counsels Manitoba’s gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and two spirit communities.
Green Action Centre promotes greener living through environmental education and encourages practical green solutions for homeowners, workplaces, schools and communities. Every year, Yoga North supports the Commuter Challenge, an annual friendly competition that encourages individuals and workplaces to explore greener transportation options to and from work for personal, environmental and community health.
Wolseley Family Place provides a broad range of programs and resources aimed at supporting families in need, enhancing education, and fostering community.
The certification mark granted to certified Iyengar Yoga teachers by B.K.S. Iyengar indicates these teachers are authentic Iyengar Yoga teachers who are bound by the ethical guidelines of the method and do not mix in other styles of yoga when they teach their classes.
Iyengar Teachers at Yoga North:
- Have years of practice and study.
- Are highly trained and must go through a rigorous examination process.
- Will demonstrate and instruct poses with attention and detail.
- Can adapt poses for specific needs.
- All teachers maintain a regular practice and study with a senior teacher.
- Holiday Restorative Classes
Thursday December 27, 10 am to 11:30 am & Tuesday January 1, Noon to 1:30 pm
- Woman’s Essentials – Workshop Series
Thursdays from January 10 to February 28, 2019
- Extended Practices
Sundays – January 20, February 17, March 17, 2019
- Lisa Towson Weekend Workshop
February 1, 2, 3, 2019
Click HERE for all other upcoming workshops.
*Pre-registration required for all workshops